Ready to start the next chapter in your career?
Apply to Northwell's Returnship Program.
As New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, Northwell Health is 79,000 team members, united to care for the millions who share our neighborhoods and communities. Recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® and DiversityInc’s #1 Hospital & Health System for Diversity, Northwell is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where people from all backgrounds are accepted, celebrated, and respected.
The Northwell Returnship Program
As we serve our communities, we never lose sight of you and your career aspirations, no matter the length and shape of your path — or its detours along the way. Raise your career expectations and discover a career well cared for with us through the Northwell Returnship program.
We’re proud to offer a comprehensive program, in partnership with Path Forward, to support the return to work for those mid-career professionals who put their careers on hold to care for a loved one.
Our program is a paid, 16-week preparedness program for candidates with:
- at least five years of relevant experience in the outlined roles below
- a work gap of at least two years due to caring for a loved one
- flexibility to work a hybrid schedule, both remote and on-site
Area of Potential Placement:
Roles included in this program are within Corporate Shared Services and are non-clinical, such as Human Resources, Finance, among others. The typical program hours run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday with all roles having the potential for job placement upon successful completion of the program.
Please Note: You must submit your resume to join our talent community and to be considered for the program. Our recruiters are looking for exceptional people to join our Health Raisers. If your qualifications align with the needs of a position, a recruiter may contact you to schedule an interview.
Get a glimpse into what makes Northwell special
When you work at Northwell you are part of an organization that is doing spectacular things. And you’ll leave work every day knowing that you made a difference in improving the lives of the people in your community. Watch our videos, get to know our culture and see how we’re all working together to change health care for the better.
You’ll discover a culture as unique as you
At Northwell, we are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture that empowers our team members to grow and develop. Some of our initiatives include:
- Our commitment to continued growth and development through tuition reimbursement programs, Northwell’s Center for Learning & Innovation (CLI) and much more.
- Multiple Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs) that you can join including Women in Healthcare, VALOR (Veterans and Allies: Liaisons of Reintegration), N-Able in support of people with disabilities, BRIDGES to celebrate many cultural groups such as Chinese, Korean, African-American, and Latinx.
- Supporting our team members to give back to the community through neighborhood efforts, as well as through our system-wide employee giving programs such as the Northwell Health Walk.
- Honoring our employee contributions through recognition programs such as the Innovation Challenge, President’s Awards and myRecognition, to name a few.
Important Prospective Team Member COVID-19 Vaccination Update:
Northwell Health is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our patients and team members, so we may continue serving our communities by delivering exceptional care. As such, we implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before they begin working at our sites and complete their vaccination series according to the schedule outlined by the manufacturer for any additional doses.